Most of the tournament players would not want to loose each and every time they jump into a poker game. They would prefer to win slowly and continue to grind away at their poker career.
However, there are some poker players who prefer to take a different approach to the game which can help them to achieve their goal of becoming a good poker player. The best and most successful of these different approaches is known as tight aggressive poker play. This style of play is not advisable for beginners and up to the second or third level of a poker players’ career. If you are a beginner and you know that you need to learn how to play poker, you should first start playing tight aggressive poker play in micro limit games. By playing tight aggressive poker play in micro limit games, you will be able to observe other players’ approach to the game. You will be able to see the tell-tale signs of what hands they play, when they enter and when they fold.
The tight approach in poker will allow you to play your hands aggressively.
- When you play your hands, you should be able to induce your opponents to fold much more often than if you were playing loose aggressive poker play. In addition, when you do hit a hand, you will winnings more often than if you were playing loose.
- For most first level poker players, playing tight aggressive is the best way to play. However, with some players, loose aggressive is a better way to play because it requires them to be in contention at least 70% of the time. When you play tight aggressive, you will only play premium hands like high pairs, high card connectors, and pocket pairs. You should enter the pot with these hands pre-flop.
- Playing tight aggressive poker play in Texas Holdem will allow you to eliminate a lot of players from the game compared to other players at the poker table. Nonetheless, you’ll still need to use yourpoker strategyto beat other players in the field. You’ll need to play a lot more hands than in other poker strategies.
In Texas Holdem, a tight aggressive player is considered to be in the game for only 2 to 3 % of the total time.
- One has to make a decision on every hand whether to play it or not. Using this strategy, you can easily win money in small stakes poker games. As you progress to the next level of poker skills, you’ll also find that some players are better than others in poker.
- If you’re relatively new to poker, you should start playing at least micro limit games. It will help to gain some experience in these games first if you play in the Internet poker rooms. There are many rooms available and the stakes are low. You can learn at least if you have to play in rooms where the stakes are low and it will not hurt you. In playing any poker games, you have to make sure to assess your risk as the game progress. Risks are part of the game and it will be part of your poker strategy to be able to accept these risks and to have solution to face the challenges.
- It is not advisable to spend more than $1 in Internet poker games. Never spend “100$ in one hand!” and do not try to show your cards to the opponent when you don’t need to. Be patient and make the necessary decisions at the appropriate moment. Like in life, there are times when you need to be flexible and make quick decisions to survive. In short, the poker players have to face reality and be prepared for the consequences. When you’re facing crucial decisions, never hesitate to think and analyze your options if in case you don’t win the hand. You have to play carefully and consistently make quick decisions to be able to survive in the long term.
- Unlike in life, you can’t play poker every single minute. If you’re not multi-tabling then schedule your Internet poker play. If you’re already playing poker but you don’t make enough money, then stop playing or observe a session. Make sure to come back to the game at your nextAvailability.
Play in Internet poker rooms is a good way to make money, but don’t be fooled by thinking it’s easy money. Hard work, big Research, and learning a lot about the game in and out are required to make it profitable in the long run. You can try paying to play in cash games, but if your skills aren’t good enough, you won’t be happy.